Saturday, January 22, 2005

Clip of the Month - Fish Fight

Creeping into the vaults of Anime Hell from a quick-minded friend in Japan, comes a performance of the song Fish Fight! by the comic group Yaen (not to be confused with the Greenleaves group that did "Yatta!", but they are similiar groups of guys) done on a japanese variety/entertainment show. The group's no longer together but CDs and even concert DVDs can be found on www.cdjapan.co.jp . Fish Fight! has been stirring up the Hell crowds this past con season in the midwest, and has quickly become one of the crowd favorite bits. Here are a few screenshots. we'll make a version of it available (but not a full rez one, that's what the live shows are for ;) ...

gavv

(a not quite so hot or so small version, temporarily at...right click & save...)
http://www.animehell.org/FishFightVCD.mpg


9 comments:

Tohoscope said...

Thanks Gavv, that's fishtatic!

And thanks for the CDJapan tip. There'll be a Yaen DVD in your future...
-danno!

gavv said...

dvd for me? ;) cool :). I'm interested to see what kind of things they'd put on the DVDs, from the description it seems they're straight concert performances, it'll be interesting to see what kind of stage show they do for their numbers. I haven't used cdjapan before but i know people that have ^^.

Tohoscope said...

Actually, now that I've got a DVD burner, I've got a number a DVDs I need to ship to you and Dave....
-d!

gavv said...

I have a burner, but also last week i bought myself a dvd-recorder (the set-top box style). The burner works great for copying and for digitizing short clips and such, but for sheer archiving & for doing long-form pieces, the box should turn out better i think.

Tohoscope said...

I got a DVD Recorder for my birthday last year. I've used it a few times to transfer VHS tapes to DVD, and record episodes of THE VENTURE BROS....
-d!

Tohoscope said...

I put up a permanent link to a copy of FISH FIGHT uploaded to the animehell.org server. I like the Clip of the Month idea...
-danno!

gavv said...

yeah, i came up with the idea talking with Jeff while at Ohayo, figuring that this would placate some of the 'how can i get copies' constant comments, without giving away all the specialness of the experience, by dole-ing them out slowly

Anonymous said...

Yeah, people don't seem to realise how much time, effort and money we've invested into our AniemHELL/Midnite Madness/Dubs That Time Forgot/etc. video libraries. We didn't just download them off the internet. I paided good money for my DVD of FORKLIFT DRIVER KLAUS, why whould I give it away?
-danno!

gavv said...

I just care about people wanting to keep coming to see Hell live ^^, kinda like how rocky horror live performances went downhill a lot once the VHS release was made.

I also don't necessarily like to show net-origin clips, mainly because no one has them at any resolution that's really decent. Only *reallly really* funny ones I'll make an exception, such as the 'katana incident' clip, or the occasional commercial where no alternative source has been discovered.