Wednesday, May 18, 2005

ACen Hell: From BatBoy to Forklifts

Hello folks,

I'd like to thank everyone in the audience for making this year's Anime Hell at ACen a very fun time not only for everyone else, but especially for me as well. I had a great and manic time at the mixing deck controls and behind the mic. The energy of the crowd was beyond amazing, and getting to lead the 1500+ in the audience in singing 'Fish! Fish! Fish!' was certainly grin-inducing indeed.

Hell was set in the 10pm-Midnight slot, which i was able to start right on the nose. I debuted the Anime Hell Slide Show (like movie theater pre-movie slides) as the crowd entering/warmup tech/stage changeover went on in the ~9:30-10 timeframe.

oh, and to the woman who yelled that she wanted to bear Heino's children, I'm both disturbed and yet oddly intrigued by that remark.

gavv

Here's the rough set list of what i ran this year at Anime Hell, with a * indicating it was a clip new to ACen this year, as you can see, quite a lot of new material was in the mix. As expected, Stapler Fahrer Klaus was the featured success, though so many of the old & new stuff got such good response it was by no means a runaway.

/link for the forum post with the full set list/

5 comments:

Tohoscope said...

Next year I'll be there passing out Heinomaske!

Daryl Surat said...

This is why I love hearing what other people run. I never would have thought to run the Gun vs Katana clips, mostly because the second one is a bit longer, but it should be workable if I trim out the slow motion replay.

I don't have the full Eddie Eagle animation, so I use a short clip from The Awful Truth where they run Eddie Eagle then follow it up with "a better mascot": Pistol Pete teaching preschoolers how to beg for their life. FAR more practical than teaching kids not to touch bolt-action rifles that are next to a broom.

Anonymous said...

I need to start up one myself in my hometown!

gavv said...

I edit clips to make them more palatable. for the Food Battle Challenge (a 2 hour special) i basically just used about 90 seconds or so, to give the King Kong Bundy gag set up. I edited gun vs katana so that they each are about 90sec-2min long.
For Eddie the Eagle, i use the part from where Eddie sees the gun, the musical number, and the reveal of Jason Priestly, just about a minute long.

FXGUY said...

Wow what a great blog. You've piqued my interest.. The area of forklift fork used is also one of my interests along with forklift fork used. Thanks for the information and contribution.