Friday, October 26, 2012

I love you, Lovecraft



Gosh, I don't know. Should I put this one under Vincent Price, Edgar Allen Poe, or Roger Corman? Well, I'm putting it under Lovecraft, because that's where the plot came from. So there.

It's sad how many movies claim a Lovecraft heritage, but fall so sort. No one is willing to do a true adaptation.

More...



Take this gorgeous mess, for example. It's supposed to be "The Color Out of Space", but it's really a very sad tale of people who don't understand radiation. This is made especially sad by the fact that the hero and his lady love studied "science" together in the States.



In case you haven't caught on, Boris Karloff wasn't too hep on walking in his final days. I'm afraid that Christopher Lee is going the same way and now accepting "sitting" roles. I'm really going to miss him.



Oh, "Color Out of Space", why can't anyone treat you right? Are you truly unfilmable?



Dude, at least Dean Stockwell is trying, which is more than I can say for anyone else in this flick.

Was Sam Jaffe always that age?



FINALLY! Someone gets it!



NOOOOOOOOOO! You had a good thing going! Why'd you have to mess it up?



Oh, forget it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the problem with doing any Lovecraft adaptation is that what works in Lovecraft's work is the suggestion of the monsters. You read his florid descriptions and build these things in your imagination that are truly terrifying. Any attempt to show Lovecraft's monsters are always going to fall short of what our imaginations create.