Thursday, March 28, 2013

Meatless Monday is coming up



You guys know that I love cooking; hell, I've posted recipes before. Now, while I'm not strictly vegetarian, I do try to abstain once a week (usually Saturday). There's a Meatless Monday movement and that means a lot of folks are trying to go vegetarian for 24 hours.

Oh, but they're all hippies and wusses, right? WRONG.


Hail seitan


Seitan is wheat gluten made to look and feel like meat (sometimes, it even tastes like it). You'll find it in a lot of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Personally, I like it best fried.

Although, to be honest, I'd rather leave it out and just wait until tomorrow to have some real meat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad they subtitled that.

Unknown said...

I think the reason this works so well is that it's like a mash up of Horror Host and TV Cooking Shows. With maybe a bit of classic TV Wrestling, too. Everythings a remix.