Sunday, August 20, 2017

Animefest de-brief



The most terrifying and unsettling thing I've ever played. There's no blood, no gore, and no grotesque; just pure and unadulterated unease. Some of our stuff might gross you out, but this one will keep you up at night, and it's only a minute long (with credits). You've been warned.

So! Had the show tonight and things could have gone better. It wasn't a total disaster, but the problem I was facing was something I never would have been able to fix on site on that machine. It took another computer for me to find the problem and once I found it, I was so god damned mad I could have punched something because it was so simple and un-there-fixable.

And I'm really glad Danno hadn't been faced with something like this. I was able to kinda re-create what I had planned, but only because I'd spent so much time putting it together. I don't know what he would have done. Maybe this was his ghost tripping me up. I'm sorry it took as long as it did for us to get going, but then I think of how much worse it could have been.

Anyway...

So, threw a list together based on what I remembered and looking at my watch and everyone had a good time. We had the room from 11-2:30, but I had to wrap things up around 2 simply because everyone was freezing. As people filter out of the show, they take their 100 calories per head per hour with them and so the temperature in a room drops. The poor lady running sound for us had her hoodie over her nose and the kid behind me in the grass skirt was shivering fierce.

But did do a mild encore with the Dover Boys of Pimento University, maybe one of the longest videos I've ever played (I prefer to keep things under 3 minutes).

Meanwhile, some one had asked how I find things. Well, here's the deal: I go looking for something in particular, and then I don't find it.

3 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

A runabout... I'LL STEAL IT! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!!!

Dr. Mila said...

Now imagine an entire room of people yelling out that line. 'Cause that's what happened.

Chris Sobieniak said...

I bet it never ends.