Thursday, July 19, 2018

Good video: bad news




Welp, it looks like we won't be doing AnimeFest this year, and for that, you can blame my renter who very nearly set my house on fire. Keeping all my worldly possessions from going up in flames kinda occupied my time and I missed the panel submission deadline.

"But you're an AnimeFest  institution!" I hear you say. "Why do you still have to submit for a panel?" That's very sweet of you, kindest aural hallucination I've had this year, but rules are rules and even we have to follow them.

"Can't they make an exception, just for you?" Oh my god but do you know what kind of floodgate that would open? No, they can't. And I don't expect them to. There was a deadline and we missed it. Plain and simple. In happier news, I no longer have a guy in my house who doesn't know the difference between a stegosaurus and a triceratops, or the difference between an on oven and one that's off. These things balance out.

Think of it this way: just imagine all of the awesome stuff I'm going to find for you during this time. I mean, you are going to lose your flippin' minds when you see what I have in store for you. Why, there's so much amazing stuff out there, I haven't even found it yet.

But I will! Next year! Trust me. We'll be OK. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Chris Sobieniak said...

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you managed to save what you could.