First of all, I had a feeling that this show was off to a bad start when I didn't hear anything from any convention personnel for two months. We only found out what day our event was after a fan mentioned it in passing to us. As a result, we headed down there without any guarantee of passes, crash space, or equipment we needed them to provide (I'm a poor college student and a projector and sound system are a little pricey for me).
Turns out, they were also too pricey for the convention. No one there had read any of the emails I sent, so they were surprised that I didn't bring a full sound system, two microphones, and a way to hook up my equipment to their 10+ year old projector. As a result, we literally started half an hour late, unable to show any material. And when we finally could, we had to have our tech guy (one of our crew, not the convention) hold one of the two microphones to the speakers of the projector.
Once we got started, we had some fun, but the complete apathy of the staff and a heckler made this show very rough.
Fans, I'm really sorry. I felt that this particular show wasn't the quality you've come to expect. And regardless of whatever other people may do to us, I should still be able to throw a high quality show your way, and I plan to work on my showmanship to make incidents like this one never happen again.
That said, in terms of numbers we had about the same number of people as Ikkicon IV. So, we must have done something right.
As for what we showed:
- Wounded Children (Tried to start strong after all of the Tech problems)
- Heaven's Gates Hell's Flames
- Animation Show: Intro, Intermission (in the 3rd Dimension), and End of Show
- Girls Beware (While I love Sid Davis, this one was a little too dark)
- Focus on: LSD (But this one was just right)
- Tried some Sweating to the Oldies, but we didn't have near enough foreplay for it (HAHA... Innuendo.)
On that note, let's never speak of this convention again. EVER.