Wednesday, June 26, 2019

New digs, again

OK, kids. Sorry I've been a bit getting to you all on this, but we've been hashing out details the last couple weeks and I can give you the schedule (if you don't already have it).

Otaku Hell will be at the Alamo Drafthouse Cedars on Friday night/Saturday morning, 1:15 in the AM until quarter to four. Yes, when they talk about the wee hours of the night, this is what they're talking about.

So, you ask, where is that? How do I get there from Fair Park? Well, lemme tell ya, you don't walk.

No, really. Do not try to walk from Fair Park to Cedars. Please. I am not kidding.

(click to enbiggen)

The "I am doing my best to not get lost" route is down Al Lipscomb Way to Lamar. For irony's sake, you could take a taxi. The Lamar route will take you through the Cedars neighborhood proper and may be safer. I think there's some street-work near Fair Park, so be aware. 

If you take I-30, it means you're going to have to take the weird on-ramp from First Ave, fight your way across a couple lanes of traffic, then shoot through the Canyon and hope you remember where the Ervay exit is (on the left). You might want to street-view this beforehand. If you do it wrong or miss your exit, you're either going to wind up on I-35 or on your way to Ft. Worth. 

Now, one thing you can do is get into Cedars a little early and enjoy the local nightlife. The Rave (once our sworn enemy) will be at Gilley's just down the street. If you're hungry, ZaLat is open until 2AM. 

We want you to be safe and happy. Plan accordingly. 

No comments: