Sunday, April 17, 2011

Schoolhouse Social Studies



The advice, "Be kind to your parents at tax-time," is the best part of this video, I think.

Let's get some edutainment on this one:

More...





What's interesting to me (and the "Money Rock!" episodes came out in the 90s), is where the U.S. was fiscally during that time. This was before the dot-bomb but at the end of the Cold War.



And you can tell how dated this one is from the public phone. This also pre-dates the repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act and the deregulation of derivatives.



I wonder if they still show these. I've heard there are no more Saturday Morning cartoons, due to cable. How much does cable cost these days? Do you still pay to watch commercials?



Innovation is generally what gets us out of these scrapes. I do feel bad for the 100 men that the gin put out of work.



As well as new ideas and new ways of seeing things, which is what makes this such a great country.



I do like that Congress gets out of a clown-car.

3 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

At least you like these. I think they still have DVD's of these for sale though.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Here's one about allowances (wonder how much would a kid's allowance be these days, I suppose it's already broke the $10 limit)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZkuWLdSpuk

Unknown said...

I've got the economics Schoolhouse Rock VHS. I need to scan that and post it.